We are pleased to announce another online competition for the end of this year:
IRV Junior & Senior
International Individual Online All Around Competition
in Gym Wheel
Limited places available
– first come first served –
Registration opens 15 August / 08:00 CEST
The competition is open to gymnasts from across the international gym wheel community and will be organised according to the “rules” of the established online competition format. Three competition rounds will be held in September, October and November.
Video submission: 1-24 September
Judging: from 2/3 October
Video submission: 1-24 October
Judging: from 30/31 October
Video submission: 1-24 November
Judging: from 27/28 November
IMPORTANT: There are some significant differences compared to the online competitions held so far:
- The competition is open for maximum 30 junior gymnasts and maximum 30 senior gymnasts.
- Both categories are open for female AND male gymnasts.
- All gymnasts MUST compete in all three disciplines: spiral, straight-line and vault.
- An online registration portal (Eventbrite) will open on 15 August / 08:00 CEST (Central European Summer Time) through which all starting places must be “booked”.
- The portal will remain open for two weeks or until all places have been taken.
- Places will be allocated on a “first come first served” basis.
- Registration is personal (i.e. each gymnast should register him- or herself with a personal email address).
- Only one person can register at a time.
- The competition starts in September with the first discipline, followed by the other two disciplines in October and November.
- The sum of results from all three disciplines will determine the winners of the All Around Junior & Senior categories.
Videos must be recorded and submitted during the specified submission period for each discipline (see above).
Please record the calendar app of a smart phone to show the date before the routine starts.
The video must be submitted (uploaded) on or before the 24th of each month. Late submission is not permitted.
Gymnasts whose videos do not pass the initial quality control will be given 7 days to submit a new recording of better quality.
If an improved quality video is not received, the routine will be judged as a “guest” competitor and will not be included as part of the main competition.
All results will be published and a virtual award ceremony will take place in mid-December (date to be decided).
Videos should be filmed from a fixed position (position of the Head Judge). Film in landscape format (16:9) and make sure that any light source is behind the camera.
Video resolution must be HD (1280 x 720 pixels) or full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels). NO zoom, filters, cutting or editing. The gymnast and wheel must be visible and in focus throughout the recording.
Do not edit the video – remember Fair Play – every competitor should have an equal chance.
Submit a link to your video between the 1st and 24th of each month via the submission form sent to you by email.
Competition areas for straight-line and spiral do not have to be marked with tape. The 90 cm on the landing mat for vault should be marked with tape.
Vault videos should demonstrate the correct wheel size.
Call for Judges
As this format will need a lot of judges, we would appreciate it if participating countries/clubs could register judges willing to participate in one of the six judging panels (two per category per month). We also welcome independent judges to register their interest.
We hope that you find this format attractive and we look forward to an exciting online competition.
Your IRV Online Competition Team
In case of questions, please contact: email@example.com